Fellow Flatlander: Garry Graves





















Garry is all smiles in front of a shelf-full of nice Burning Willow pottery at "R.D.'s Going Away Shot Takin' Shindig" at Webster's Food & Drink last night.

Garry Wendell Graves was born on July 15, 1982 to Garry and Gea Graves of Jackson, Miss. A converted flatlander originally from Jackson, Garry moved to Greenwood in March to work as an internal auditor for Viking Range Corp. Although Garry is the first Fellow Flatlander with less than a year's worth of Delta living under his belt, he has caught on quick and is often seen around town in the company of the Delta's finest. Ever the bank for useless information, Garry once tried out for Jeopardy and he also lived on Miami's South Beach for seven months while on an internship assignment.

A 2000 graduate of Jackson Preparatory School, Garry attended Mississippi State University, where he graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and French. During his first year of college at Ole Miss (he transferred), Garry was an Alpha Tau Omega for one semester before they got kicked off campus and burned their house down (in that order). Garry has two brothers, Dawson (14) and Westin (12) and recently purchased a $1,000,000 flat-screen plasma television that takes up the entire wall in his living room.

More about Garry Graves:

1. First car: ’98 Mustang called Eleanor in honor of the Shelby GT500 in Gone in 60 Seconds.
2. Favorite late night food: Waffle House
3. Who cuts your hair: Kenneth at Mane Tamers
4. Favorite pet: Becca, a miniature Dachshund with an equally miniature brain. She’s sweet, though.
5. Favorite album: Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here and Little Feat’s Waiting for Columbus
6. Worst movie: Legally Blonde – It’s the only movie I’ve ever walked out of.
7. Worst date: My freshman year, I took a girl to the homecoming game. We went to the KA house afterwards, where she promptly disappeared. Turns out she was hooking up with one of the brothers upstairs. Definitely not my idea of a good date.
8. Favorite alcoholic beverage: Newcastle Brown
9. What was your rowdiest college spring break vacation? Destin ’02...I’m pleading the 5th.
10. Unkept New Year’s resolutions: All of them.
11. Name of your alter-ego: G-Diddy
12. Most recent surgery: Tonsillectomy – I was 4 I think.
13. Ideal honeymoon: Ambergris Caye, Belize. Heaven on earth – well, if heaven has no electricity or running water.
14. Average night's sleep: Not enough.
15. Favorite Halloween costume: Last year, I went as Tom Hanks in Castaway – shredded clothes, covered in dirt, volleyball with the handprint...everyone thought I was a soccer player. A homeless soccer player.

Comments

Rebecca Bishop said…
Bravo Garry Graves! I commend you on your status as Fellow Flatlander and guffawed greatly at the thought of you being mistaken for a homeless soccer player on Halloween! Hilarious! Thanks for coming to the party last night. Had a blast.

Popular posts from this blog

Obama or McCain? You Decide.

Official Delta Dirt Merchandise Now Available

Editorial: As Predicted, McCain Falls in the Polls