Post from Thursday

Well, I guess this is what I get for posting "rumors" -- not that what I posted was actually rumor. Now my name has gotten throw into the Greenwood rumor mill. My post from Thursday, which was taken down, per Thomas's request:

"Rumor Has It ... So apparently a white Greenwood City Council member has sent an e-mail to several people in town calling another City Council member an "N word." Oh dear. We've all been set back 20 years."

I posted this because I was completely disgusted and saddened at what I had heard and had had confirmed by several people. I had also heard the issue was scheduled to make the newspaper Sunday. I have yet to read the e-mail myself and do not care to. I am not the one who forwarded it to the Greenwood Commonwealth.

This is a very unfortunate incident, and I hope everyone can get past it. Although I confess I'm not too optimistic about that. I believe Tim's editorial in Sunday's paper was very level-headed and made appropriate points.

I wish very much, like many others, that this issue could have been discussed by Lee and Jordan, resolved between the two of them and not brought to the public attention. It is horrible press for Greenwood. It's amazing that one slip of the tongue or pen can do so much damage and give credibility to what is so often negative hot air.

But on a lighter note, what I see on a daily basis in my own life in Greenwood is, more often than not, positive. Life away from the political realm is rosier.

Addendum: That was actually Friday of last week. Pardon me, as it sometimes all runs together.

Comments

Edi said…
What good does it do to take the comment down if you are going to put it right back up in a blog. Do you want to lose readers?
Edi said…
Sorry. I didn't mean to post that last comment. I wasn't done. I thought I was just signing in to google. My point actually was that people read this blog to see the good things about Greenwood and escape from all of that racial b.s. that goes on everyday. I don't live there, but I read your page to see the positive side of Greenwood.
Amy McCullough said…
Thanks for the reader feedback.
Amy McCullough said…
Thanks for the reader feedback.

Popular posts from this blog

Official Delta Dirt Merchandise Now Available

Obama or McCain? You Decide.

Editorial: As Predicted, McCain Falls in the Polls